Fifth Grade Classes
C.S.112 5th Grade Newsletter
Dates to Remember
Tuesday, January 3, 2023 Winter Craft Day
Friday, January 9, 2023 Student of the Month Breakfast
Monday, January 16, 2023 NO SCHOOL
Bear Pride Fridays
Remember to wear your Bear Pride attire every Friday!
5th grade's color is orange!
English Language Arts, Reading & Writing
5th grade scholars are learning about Sports and Athletes' Impact on Culture
- What is the role of sports in American culture?
- How have athletes broken barriers during the historical era in which they lived?
- What do biographical informational texts teach us?
- Because sports are an integral part of American culture, athletes are presented with unique opportunities to lead.
- Individuals re shaped by society and can in return shape society.
5th Grade Scholars are learning about:
- Module 4: Multiplication and Division of Fractions and Decimal Fractions
- Topic A: Line Plots of Fraction Measurements
- Topic B: Fractions as Division
- Topic C: Multiplication of a Whole Number by a Fraction
- Topic D: Fraction Expressions and Word Problems
- Topic E: Multiplication of a Fraction by a Fraction
- Topic F: Multiplication with Fractions and Decimals as Scaling and Word Problems
ELA Homework (Clee, Ekhator, Singleton)
- scholars are to read for 30 minutes,
- write a summary of their reading using their reading metacognition.
- The students received homework folders that consist of 7 reading strategies to help with independent reading at night.
- Writing spelling words
Math Homework: (Collins, Ekhator, Singleton)
- Students are to study their multiplication tables.
- Complete homework in the green Eureka workbook and any additional worksheets they may have in addition to the workbook.
Please check out our Class DoJo. Many important reminders and notices are placed on Class DoJo. If you need information to log on to Class DoJo, please reach out and we will send you log in information.